Excessive stress can cause many health issues, such as depression, weight problems and autoimmune diseases. With that in mind, it’s important to take proactive steps to reduce its toll. On days when there isn’t time for a yoga session or long, mind-clearing walk, try one of the following quick and simple methods. You can experience stress relief in a matter of minutes.
- Meditation is a great way to relieve stress and regain focus. Contrary to what many people believe, meditation doesn’t require sitting cross-legged on a floor in a silent room for hours. Simply close your eyes and focus on deep, even-paced breathing for five minutes while sitting in an upright position.
- Lavender has been known to reduce muscle pain, headaches and stress. The next time you need some calming relief, try using lavender scented lotion or lighting a candle infused with the relaxing scent. We also recommend trying our lavender scented luxury spa pillow for additional comfort.
- Green tea is not only high in antioxidants, it also reduces stress and increases focus. Brewing a cup is both quick and easy.
- Exercise aids in stress relief by releasing mood improving endorphins. When time is an issue, try short, Tabata type workouts. Research has shown that exercising for as little as ten minutes a day has positive effects on overall health.
- Massages are effective at reducing both stress and tension. Getting a good massage doesn’t require making a lengthy appointment at a spa. Chair massages, which range from 10-30 minutes, are often offered in shopping centers, airports and other convenient locations.
If you have any additional tips for stress relief, please share your ideas in the comment section below!