Did you know that June is Adopt-A-Cat-Month®? Sponsored by the American Humane Association, this initiative aims to place shelter cats in loving homes.
If you’re thinking about adopting a cat, here are 10 helpful hints, courtesy of the American Humane Association:
- If you’re thinking about adopting a cat, consider taking home two.
- Find a cat whose personality matches with yours.
- Pick out a veterinarian ahead of time and schedule a visit within the first few days following the adoption.
- Make sure everyone in the house is prepared to have a cat before it comes home.
- Budget for the short- and long-term costs of a cat.
- Stock up on supplies before the cat arrives.
- Cat-proof your home.
- Go slowly when introducing your cat to new friends and family.
- Be sure to include your new pet in your family’s emergency plan.
- If you’re considering giving a cat as a gift, make sure the recipient is an active participant in the adoption process.
If you’ve already adopted a feline friend, provide them with a pet bed so they’ll have a cozy place to rest. Tell us, do you have any pets?