With a new year comes a time of making resolutions, starting fresh and trying new things. So, with this in mind, we looked to one of our favorite Pinterest boards for the best DIY tips to save money and time – and to make your life easier!
1. Make your own eco-friendly fabric softener. This all-natural fabric softener is healthy for you and your family, and it couldn’t be easier to make. In a large bucket, mix 8 cups white vinegar with 1 1/4 cups warm water. Gradually add 1 cup baking soda while stirring the mixture continuously. Pour the mixture into a clean, 1 gallon plastic milk jug, and add 1/3 of a teaspoon of your favorite essential oil. Seal the jug and shake well. To use, shake well and add 1/2 to 1 cup to your wash at the start of the rinse cycle.
2. Use orange peels to clean coffee cups. Stubborn coffee stains can be difficult to remove from coffee cups, but lightly salted citrus peels make the job much easier. Simply sprinkle a little salt on the peel and rub on the stained surface.
3. Unshrink your clothing with baby shampoo. We tested this easy tip for unshrinking clothing using baby shampoo and a large towel – and were thrilled with the results!
4. Repurpose old sweaters as pillow covers. Have an old sweater that no longer fits? This easy tutorial shows you how to turn it into a cute pillow cover.
5. Add sparkle to your smartphone. We love this simple DIY craft project from Design*Sponge – it’s the perfect way to add pizzazz to your iPhone cover, and it also makes a great (and inexpensive!) gift.
For more easy DIY tips, visit our Pinterest page!