Whether you’re hosting or visiting relatives, getting ready for Thanksgiving can be a bit chaotic – but it doesn’t have to be! We searched the web for handy Turkey Day tips and found a few that are sure to make the holiday less stressful and much more enjoyable!
1. Start thawing your turkey. Depending on the size of your bird, you might need to defrost it up to 5 days prior to Thanksgiving. If you’re purchasing a fresh turkey, the blog Good Life Eats recommends picking it up 2-3 days before the big day.
2. Use your microwave oven. Reheat dishes made ahead of time, like stuffing or bread, by popping them in the toaster oven. This saves space in your regular oven and your guests will never know the difference!
3. Make a list. Real Simple has several handy checklists for dinner preparation – simply print them out or save on the website.
4. Clean as you go. By washing dishes or running the dishwasher a couple of times during the day, you’ll have much less cleanup at the end.
5. Don’t worry if dishes don’t turn out exactly as planned. As New York Times food writer Melissa Clark says, “it’s all about marketing.” So, if your dish turns out a little crispier than planned, rename it so your guests will think it was cooked that way on purpose. You never know, your company might love it after all!
Tell us, what are your tips for a stress-free Thanksgiving? We’d love to hear!