Praised by Apartment Therapy as the key to the “best night’s sleep,” linen sheets are a favorite of many sheet connoisseurs. What makes them so beloved? For starters:
- Linen sheets grow softer over time. Apartment Therapy readers recommend “breaking them in” through washing so that they achieve their luxurious softness more quickly.
- They’re eco-friendly. Linen is a renewable resource and is fully biodegradable. Plus, the parts of the flax that are unused in the creation of linen sheets are reused in other ways.
- They are temperature regulating, keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Linen sheets stand the test of time and can last up to 20 years.
- A fun fact: the word “lingerie” originally meant underwear made of linen!
Tell us, have you tried linen sheets? We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below! For more information on the various sheet types offered at Cuddledown, check out our infographic.