We hope your July 4th weekend is full of sunshine, BBQ’s, family and fun! We’re making it even better with 20% off sitewide! From July 2-5, save 20% off all of your Cuddledown favorites, including clearance.
It’s officially summertime! Although the weather is great for outdoor activities, sleeping in the summer months can get uncomfortably hot. Avoid night sweats and get uninterrupted sleep with our top-rated Temperature Regulating Comforters. Special panels transport excess heat and humidity away from you while you sleep, even with a duvet cover. Plus, all of our synthetic and down Temperature Regulating Comforters are on sale right now! Our customer from Memphis, Tennessee says it’s “perfect.” See her review below.
Father’s Day is this Sunday! If you’re not sure what to get Dad, we can help!
For the active dad- Does he love to go fishing or hiking? Give him the gift of memories and surprise him with a camping trip for the family! Click here for help finding camp sites.Morning Camp by Bureau of Land Management via Flickr
For the dad who loves to relax- Ever catch him snoozing on the couch? Make sure he’s extra comfy with a plush throw or cozy loungewear. If you’re not sure what color throw to get or what size clothing he wears, you can’t go wrong with a Cuddledown gift certificate.
For the dad who’s hard to shop for- Any dad will enjoy and appreciate a nice, home cooked meal! Check out allrecipes.com for some great ideas.Steak & Chips by Mark Walker via Flickr
Our Wool Fleece Mattress Pad is made of 100% top grade American virgin wool and cushions your whole body. Since the dense wool naturally wicks moisture away, it’s also great for summer! See what our customer from Springfield, Iowa has to say about our mattress pad in her five star review below.
Looking for the perfect graduation gift? We’ve got you covered! Bedroom essentials are always appreciated by college-bound students preparing to move into dorms and recent college grads getting ready for their first apartment. Here are some of our top picks!
Quality bedding in Twin XL can be hard to find at department stores, but not at Cuddledown! We’ve got Twin XL sheets, mattress pads and even featherbeds to turn those dreadfully uncomfortable dorm beds into pure bliss.
For college grads moving into new apartments, treat them to the luxurious, weightless warmth of a down comforter! Our 600 Fill Power Primary Down Comforter, voted “Best Buy Comforter” by Consumers Digest, and our 600 Fill Power Cotton Sateen Colored Down Comforter are great choices.
If you’re in Maine, our Freeport Outlet Store has a great selection of gifts (and some amazing deals) for your graduate! In addition to bedding and sleepwear, our outlet store has locally made goods, home decor, slippers and gifts you won’t find online or in our catalog.
Now thru Monday, save 20% off all regularly priced items and up to 60% on already-reduced comforters at our Outlet Store in Freeport, Maine! It’s the perfect time to revamp your bedroom and wardrobe with new, warm weather essentials, like our temperature regulating comforter and breathable, lightweight pajamas in fresh prints! Our outlet store also has home decor, accessories, locally made items and gifts you won’t find online or in our catalog. For driving directions, click here!
We spend about a third of our lives sleeping, so comfortable bedding is something you’ve probably already thought about, but have you considered the environmental and health factors of your bedding? If you’re familiar with our website or catalog, you’ve probably noticed that many of our products are Oeko-Tex® Certified. If you’re not sure what that means, let us explain!
Products with the Oeko-Tex® label are free from more than 300 harmful substances that could pose health risks, including allergenic dyes and bleaches. Certification is only given after the product passes strict laboratory testing and requirements. At Cuddledown, we believe in safeguarding the environment and your health by providing fabric that is both high quality and safe. When you use our Oeko-Tex® Certified products, you can rest easy knowing that the fabrics are free from harmful chemicals and safe for your entire family. Plus, by keeping these harmful chemicals out of our fabrics, they are being kept out of the environment once the useful life of the product is over.
Mother’s Day is this Sunday! If you haven’t gotten a gift yet, don’t worry, we’re here to help! Shop our Freeport Outlet Store for great deals on a wide selection of sleepwear, slippers and loungewear. You can also give Mom something she’ll appreciate all year round- a good night’s sleep with our luxurious bedding! Plus, we carry unique gift items not available in our catalog or online, including an expanded selection of eco-friendly Caldrea® products, cute accessories like scarves and jewelry, and even locally-made cards. We’ve got everything you need for Mother’s Day!
If you prefer shopping from the comfort of your own home or want some ideas before heading to the store, check out our Mother’s Day Gift Guide. And for the mom who has everything, you can’t go wrong with a Cuddledown Gift Card.
No matter what you decide to get, we hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day and spend quality time together.
We’ve been manufacturing quality products in Maine since 1973 and today marks our 42nd birthday! We’d like to invite you to join the celebration with a sitewide sale. Save 20% off sitewide,* even on clearance items, now until midnight!
*The following rules and exceptions apply: Discount applies only to orders placed on our website. The discount offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. Offer valid 4/28/15 until 11:59pm EST. Discount is applied at the item level. The discount does not apply to shipping and handling charges, taxes, monogramming or gift services fees. Not applicable to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards and cannot be redeemed for cash. Discount will be applied to clearance sale items. Select UGG®, Calida®, pet beds and pet accessories are excluded from the promotion. We’re sorry, but all 400 thread count sateen bedding currently on sale is excluded from further discounting in this promotion. Discount will be applied in the shopping cart.
It’s time for spring cleaning again! If cleaning your entire house seems like a daunting task, reduce stress by breaking it up and focusing on one area at a time. We’ll help you get started with some quick tips to organize an important part of your home – your linen closet. An organized linen closet will make finding the right sheets and towels a breeze, saving time and effort throughout the year.
1. Start by going through your closet and determine what you should keep, donate, re-purpose or toss. If you’ve been keeping random, mismatched pieces that you “might use” one day and haven’t touched in years, it’s time to part ways. After sorting through your stockpile, wipe down your shelves and let them dry before putting things back.
2. Label your shelves or storage bins by either the size or room that each towel or sheet set belongs to. By having designated sections within your closet, finding exactly what you’re looking for will be a snap.
3. Keep your sheet sets even more organized and easily accessible by folding the sheets, shams, pillowcases and duvet cover into one of the coordinating pillowcases. That way, you won’t have to rummage through everything, causing a mess in the process. Keeping your most-used items at eye level or below will also help prevent neatly folded stacks from toppling over as you take out specific items. Seasonal linens should be stored on the top shelves in dust bags.
If you’ve got seasonal allergies, then you know that in addition to more sun and warmer weather, springtime is also the season of runny noses, sneezing and itchy/watery eyes. Allergy season can also lead to restless nights since symptoms don’t stop at bedtime, but with a few changes and some planning, that doesn’t have to be the case!
1. Use a HEPA filter in your bedroom to reduce the amount of pollen, dust and pet dander in the air. HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters work by trapping debris in a fine mesh filter as air passes through. And speaking of pet dander, it’s best to keep your furry friends out of the bedroom, especially during allergy season. That’s because their fur is a magnet for dirt and pollen.
2. Washing your sheets more often can also help reduce nighttime allergy suffering. If doing laundry at least once a week doesn’t work into your schedule, keep an extra set of sheets on hand. Showering before bed, instead of in the morning, will also help keep symptoms at bay and prevent the pollen collected on your skin and hair from transferring onto your sheets. For even more protection, use anti-allergy bedding.
3. Know when you need a new mattress or pillow. Unlike sheets and bedding, pillows and mattresses are much more cumbersome to clean, but still collect dust, pollen and even mold! Mattresses should be replaced every 7-10 years while pillows should be replaced more frequently.
After a very long and snowy winter, we’re excited for milder spring weather! Maine is also a great place to visit in the spring because of its many annual events, ranging from outdoor activities like canoe races to fancy dinners with professional chefs and sommeliers. Check out a few of our favorites below.
April 4 Portland Pillow Fight Day
Join others from 3-4:30pm in Monument Square, Portland for a giant pillow fight!Pillow Fight!!! by Jessica Lehrman via Flickr
April 18-19 Acadia National Park is Free
During the first weekend of National Park Week, admission to Acadia is free for all visitors.Golden Sunrise, Thunder Hole, Acadia National Park by Dave Wilson via Flickr
April 29 Gulf of Maine Seafood Celebration
Enjoy a variety of Maine seafood while learning about marine life!Shellharbour Food Photography by Vanessa Pike-Russell via Flickr
For more reasons to enjoy spring in Maine, check out this list of 25 spring events at Maine Today. You can also get the inside scoop on the best places in Maine by visiting our Employee Favorites page!
Don’t miss your chance to save up to 80% on select bedding, sleepwear, blankets, apparel and more during our Warehouse Clearance Event! Quantities are limited, so shop now for the best selection.
Immediately pull a room together or bring interest to barren walls by adding the right piece of wall art. If you’re not sure where to start, follow our three simple steps below!
1. Size- Use the size of the wall as a guide. A single small piece will look out of place on a large wall and a large piece may overwhelm a small space. You can also use several small pieces to create a collection that carries the impact of a larger piece.
2. Color- When choosing colors, think about the mood of the room. Cool tones, such as blues and greens, evoke calmness and relaxation while warmer tones are usually energizing and inviting.
3. Style- Ultimately, you want to choose pieces that you like and will want to look at. Therefore, whether it’s a modern or traditional piece, make sure it matches your own taste and preferences. Wall art also doesn’t strictly mean paintings and posters; try decorating with mirrors, framed fabric, clocks or anything else that can hang on a wall and interests you. A great resource for unique wall art is Cuddledown.com- we have lots of new wall decor and mirror options!
P.S. When hanging the art, it’s best to keep the center of the image at eye level. And if you’re hanging the artwork above your bed, sofa or table, keep the bottom edge of it 6 to 12 inches above the furniture.