Don’t miss your chance to save up to 80% on select bedding, sleepwear, blankets, apparel and more during our Warehouse Clearance Event! Quantities are limited, so shop now for the best selection.
Immediately pull a room together or bring interest to barren walls by adding the right piece of wall art. If you’re not sure where to start, follow our three simple steps below!
1. Size- Use the size of the wall as a guide. A single small piece will look out of place on a large wall and a large piece may overwhelm a small space. You can also use several small pieces to create a collection that carries the impact of a larger piece.
2. Color- When choosing colors, think about the mood of the room. Cool tones, such as blues and greens, evoke calmness and relaxation while warmer tones are usually energizing and inviting.
3. Style- Ultimately, you want to choose pieces that you like and will want to look at. Therefore, whether it’s a modern or traditional piece, make sure it matches your own taste and preferences. Wall art also doesn’t strictly mean paintings and posters; try decorating with mirrors, framed fabric, clocks or anything else that can hang on a wall and interests you. A great resource for unique wall art is Cuddledown.com- we have lots of new wall decor and mirror options!
P.S. When hanging the art, it’s best to keep the center of the image at eye level. And if you’re hanging the artwork above your bed, sofa or table, keep the bottom edge of it 6 to 12 inches above the furniture.
Save 20% off storewide, including clearance items, during our March Clearance Sale Event at our Freeport Outlet Store! Stock up on some fantastic deals and great outlet savings on bedding, sleepwear, slippers, towels and more! Plus, we offer unique gifts and other items not found in our catalog or online. All with the same fabulous Cuddledown quality you’ve come to love! The sale ends Monday- don’t miss it!
If you’re a fan of our Bamboo Towels, then you know how luxuriously soft and absorbent they are. Like any quality linen, you’ll want to keep your towels at their best. To protect your lovely towels from detergent buildup, hard water and roughness, here are some simple tips to try.
1. Do not use fabric softeners- Ironically, fabric softener creates a waxy residue on towel fibers, causing them to become stiff and less absorbent. To get your towels nice and fluffy, try using dryer balls, clean tennis balls or our down fluffer rings.
2. Use the extra rinse cycle- Over time, detergent residue can also build up on towel fibers, especially if too much detergent is used. To prevent this from happening, use the extra rinse cycle and make sure your washer isn’t overloaded so that the towels have room to move freely. To remove detergent build-up, add a cup of white vinegar when washing and don’t forget the extra rinse cycle to keep the towels from smelling like vinegar!
3. Lastly, our Bamboo Towels should be washed and dried on lower settings, as hot temperatures can break down the fibers. We recommend washing with warm water and drying with low heat. Also, take care when using cleansers containing benzoyl peroxide, as it can cause discoloration in fabrics.
We hope these tips help and if you ever have any questions or comments about caring for your Cuddledown products, please let us know!
Since everyone has differences in lifestyles and genes, the exact number of hours needed for sleep varies from person to person, but sleep experts have been able to produce a general guideline to use as a rule-of-thumb. Recently, the National Sleep Foundation updated its recommendations after two years of extensive research and examining more than 300 studies. The Sleep Foundation warns that getting too much or too little sleep on a regular basis is linked to, among other consequences, diabetes, obesity and poor judgment. In other words, make sure you get enough rest! Visit www.sleepfoundation.org to learn more.
Banish cold winter nights with one of our warm, cozy comforters! For a limited time, they’re all on sale, along with all mattress pads! Click here to shop the sale.
If you live in the Northeast, then you probably know that even more snow is expected to come following Storm Juno. After your driveways are cleared, we hope you get the chance to relax and enjoy the cozy, homey feeling that comes with a snow day. Here are some fun, low key activities for your next unexpected day off.
1. Bake or cook- If you’re going to be stuck inside all day, might as well fill your home with the scent of something freshly baked! We love searching Pinterest for baking ideas. Stews are also great to make on snow days since you can throw just about anything into it. That way, there’s no need to go to the grocery store. Click here to learn how to stew anything.
2. Binge watch movies- Since going for your daily run or walk won’t be the safest thing to do (watch out for slipping and impending snow plows!), you won’t have to feel guilty about vegging out in front of the T.V. If you need movie suggestions, here’s a list of Oscar nominated films available for streaming.
3. Read- You can finally dust off that book you’ve been meaning to read but haven’t gotten the chance to. Make it even better by curling up in your favorite blanket with a warm drink and sitting next to the window so you can view the winter wonderland from the warmth of your home.
What are your favorite snow day activities? We’d love to hear about them in the comment section below!
Love the color or print of your sheets, but no longer have a need for them on your bed (maybe you got a different size mattress or simply found a new set you like even better)? Instead of shoving them into the back of the linen closet, put them to better use with one of these fun upcycling ideas!
Wall Art- You don’t need to be a master painter to create your own beautiful wall art! All you need is a canvas, some staples and any fabric of your choice to create some lovely pieces- you can follow an easy tutorial here. Our customer Jodi did this using our Monet fabric, and they make great accents on her beige walls.
Reusable shopping bags- Another idea for upcycling your sheeting is to turn it into reusable shopping bags. Not only are you saving landfills from plastic bags, but you won’t have to buy the branded ones that everyone else at the grocery store has.
Gifts- By gifts, we don’t mean presenting someone with your old sheet set, but turning it into something one of a kind! Mary, of Mary’s Custom Sewing and Design, turned our Antique Map quilted sham into a beautiful stocking for the holidays.
Curtains- Fashioning your sheets into curtains is one of the easiest upcycles to do! It’ll also allow you to perfectly match your window dressings to your bedding. Click here for a tutorial on how to turn a duvet cover into lovely curtains.
We hope you have a happy New Year full of happiness and good health, which means getting plenty of rest! A good night’s sleep has numerous of benefits, including improved immune function, weight management and memory.
To help catch more ZZZzs, refresh your bedroom with comfy, new bedding! Start the New Year off right with great deals on the loftiest, coziest comforters, mattress pads, bedding and sleepwear. Shop our Winter White Sale now through January 18th!
1. The easiest way to wrap a large gift is to use an extra large gift bag! If you want to make the gift even more special, try something reusable, like our Cotton Velvet Gift Bags. It’s like two gifts in one! They’re big enough to hold pillows, blankets and even comforters!
2. During the holidays, it’s easy to find inexpensive and festive vinyl tablecloths. Since the material is much stronger than wrapping paper, it will be easier to wrap a large gift without worrying about crinkles and tears in the paper. The large surface area will help you conceal that gift in no time! You could also look for holiday printed fabric at a craft store.
3. Another idea to conceal the gift is to put it in a discreet location and give the person an envelope with clues as to where it is. This will make the gift opening experience even more fun and exciting!
If you have any ideas for wrapping a large or oddly shaped gift, we’d love to hear about it in the comment section below!